5 Quick Tips
1. My water bill keeps going up, but I don’t think I have a leak, what should I do?
You may have a silent or hidden leak. This happens often in toilets. Try putting food coloring in the tank of your toilet. Do not use the toilet for 1 hour. After an hour, if there is color in the bowl, you have a leak.
2. What are the benefits of a tankless hot water heater?
Tankless hot water heaters are great because they never run out of hot water. A storage tank hot water has a limited capacity (whatever the size of the tank), while a tankless can heat unlimited amounts as it passes through the system. Additionally tankless hot water heaters save you money, since you are only heating the water you use, not the amount that is sitting in the tank.
3. The water isn’t draining out of my dishwasher. Can I do anything to resolve the problem before calling a plumber?
Sometimes it is possible to fix the problem yourself, but many times you need professional help. We can help remove the clog, clean out the strainer basket, and for the air hose (which vents the dishwasher) we can remove any food buildup or debris. These are the easy steps, then we go further to resolve the plumbing issue to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
4. Why does my toilet continue to run until I jiggle the handle?
Often times, the handle gets stuck. This causes the flapper to remain open. When the flapper is open, water will continue to flow into the bowl. Try tightening, oiling, or replacing the handle.
5. How do I avoid frozen pipes in the winter in Arizona?
Insulating your pipes is the best way to prevent them from freezing. If you cannot access your pipes to insulate them, eave the water on a slow drip on very cold nights, to keep water flowing and prevent freezing.